Jane Lim Metaproject collection
Scope and Contents
The Jane Lim Metaproject Collection includes research notes, preliminary drawings, 1/4-scale and full-size models, a full-sized prototype for her project. The final product is a birch wood hanger suspended from a plastic cord used to hang clothing in a unique manner.
- Lim, Jane (Designer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The Metaproject competition was developed by the educator Josh Owen in partnership with an industry sponsor to encourage students to produce design that "is semantically correct, and pragmatically understandable, but also visually powerful, intellectually elegant and timeless." In the case of Metaproject 05, in collaboration with Kikkerland and Bed Bath & Beyond, the students were given the task of finding storage solutions for home or dorm rooms.
1.5 Linear Feet (1 flat box)
The Jane Lim Metaproject Collection consists of all the process work for the development of Hoop and Hang, and a book which describes Metaproject 05 and all the student designs.
Items are contained in one box and grouped by iteration. Paper records are stored seperately.
C.S. North, Shelf 405
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was donated by Jane Lim in June 2015.
Accession number(s): 2015:070
- Metaproject 05 / Rochester Institute of Technology School of Design. Rochester, NY: Rochester Institute of Technology, 2011.
Finding aid created by Lisa Witt in August 2015.
- Academic-industrial collaboration
- Industrial design -- Competitions -- New York (State)
- Industrial design -- Study and teaching -- New York (State)
- Model (concept)
- New products -- Design and construction
- Owen, Josh (1970-)
- Product design -- Study and teaching -- New York (State)
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School for American Crafts
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School of Design
- coat hanger
- Jane Lim Metaproject collection
- RIT Archives
- Lisa Witt
- 20 August 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note