Good Luck restaurant Metaproject collection
Scope and Contents
The Good Luck restaurant Metaproject collection includes two Metaproject 08 booklets and 1 set off four cork coasters from Metaproject 08. Also part of the project is a digital file of the two-minute video created as a final deliverable for the experiential Metaproject 08 "designing dining" experience at Good Luck in Rochester.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers. Please contact RIT Archives for access to digital material.
Biographical / Historical
The Metaproject competition was developed by the educator Josh Owen in partnership with an industry sponsor to encourage students to produce design that "is semantically correct, and pragmatically understandable, but also visually powerful, intellectually elegant and timeless." In the case of Metaproject 08, in collaboration with Good Luck restaurant in Rochester, NY, 17 students worked in concert to reimagine how dinner out can be interpreted through the lens of industrial design.
.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
419 Megabytes (Files located in Digital-Donated)
The Good Luck restaurant Metaproject collection consists of all deliverables relating to the Metaproject 08 design challenge.
Items are arranged in one box.
C.S. North, Shelf 402
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was donated to RIT Archive Collections by Josh Owen in August 2018. Accession number(s): 2018:047
- Metaproject 08 / Rochester Institute of Technology School of Design. Rochester, NY: Rochester Institute of Technology, 2011.
Finding aid created by Ella von Holtum in October 2018.
- Academic-industrial collaboration
- Industrial design -- Competitions -- New York (State)
- Industrial design -- Study and teaching -- New York (State)
- Restaurants -- Design and construction
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School for American Crafts
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School of Design
- Good Luck restaurant Metaproject collection
- RIT Archive Collections
- Ella von Holtum
- 4 October 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note