Veronica Lin Metaproject collection
Scope and Contents
The Veronica Lin Metaproject Collection includes research notes, preliminary drawings and models, full-size models, and a full-sized prototype for her project. The final product is a footrest made out of cork with a silicone handle, used to elevate the static workflow at the office. This collection also includes digital files related to production of the Foot Pebble. These files are available upon request.
- Creation: 2016
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The Metaproject competition was developed by the educator Josh Owen in partnership with an industry sponsor to encourage students to produce design that "is semantically correct, and pragmatically understandable, but also visually powerful, intellectually elegant and timeless." In the case of Metaproject 06, in collaboration with Poppin, the students were given the task of rethinking office products into innovative objects that accent and improve the workspace.
6 Linear Feet (3 lid boxes)
1.16 Gigabytes (Files located in Digital-Donated)
The Veronica Lin Metaproject Collection consists of all the process work for the development of Foot Pebble, and a book which describes Metaproject 06 and all the student designs.
The collection is arranged by initial ideation, concept refinement, details refinement, details communication, event booklet, prototypes, and tests. Paper records are stored seperately.
C.S. North, Shelf 405, 406
Digital materials are located on the Archives server in Digital-Dontaed.
Other Finding Aids
In addition to this finding aid, an inventory is available below. For more information, please contact the RIT Archive Collections.
Veronica Lin MetaProject
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was donated to RIT Archive Collections by Veronica Lin in June 2016. Digital materials added in 2018. Accession number(s): 2016:021, 2018:066
- Metaproject 06 / Rochester Institute of Technology School of Design. Rochester, NY: Rochester Institute of Technology, 2011.
Finding aid created by Jennifer Roeszies in June 2016.
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School for American Crafts (Organization)
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School of Design (Organization)
Genre / Form
- Academic-industrial collaboration
- Art students -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Furniture making
- Industrial design -- Competitions -- New York (State)
- Industrial design -- Study and teaching -- New York (State)
- New products -- Design and construction
- Product design -- Study and teaching -- New York (State)
- Veronica Lin Metaproject
- RIT Archives
- Jennifer Roeszies
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note