Smith, Fred W.
- Existence: 1935-
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Biographical materials for over 150 members of the Rochester Institute of Technology's (RIT) Board of Trustees. Most of the board members represented in the collection served during the 1980s and 1990s. The collection also includes resources from the board's annual conference held during July 2001.
Papers of Fred W. Smith, a former Secretary of the Institute and Assistant to the President at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). Smith worked at RIT from 1971-2008. The collection includes biographical material, copies of Smith's papers and presentations, correspondence, and administrative information for select projects.
Twenty-four digital audio recordings of interviews mostly conducted by Leo Smith in an attempt to capture the oral history of the Rochester Institute of Technology from some of its prominent faculty, staff, trustees, presidents and contributors.
Digital audio recordings from different events during Dr. Paul Miller's presidency at RIT. Dr. Miller was president from 1969-1979. Recordings include 1970 and 1975 faculty seminar addresses as well as his retirement speech.
This collection contains the records of the Four Presidents Award. The award came to be after Alfred Davis came up with the idea of an annual award to be given to a faculty or staff member of RIT
whose public service and commitment mirrors that of the four presidents. These records contain documents pertaining to the development of the award and names of recipients of the Four Presidents Award.
Materials related to Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) judicial system as it was re-structured in 1973. The RIT judical system oversaw due process in disciplinary proceedings involving students. The collection includes copies of the proposed model implemented in 1973, and Judicial Coordinator Reports for 1973-1988.
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Correspondence 2
- Education, Cooperative 2
- Educational fund raising -- New York (State) -- Rochester 2
- Oral histories 2
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester -- Administration 2
- Articles 1
- Awards 1
- Biography files 1
- Certificates 1
- College administrators -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- College enrollment 1
- College trustees -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Color slides 1
- Curriculum planning -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- DVDs 1
- Deaf -- Education 1
- Deaf -- Education (Higher) -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Deaf college students 1
- Deaf students -- United States. 1
- Electrical engineering 1
- Electrical engineering -- Study and teaching 1
- Finger spelling -- United States. 1
- Fund raising -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Gleason Works (Rochester, N.Y.) 1
- Home economics -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Judicial records 1
- Mechanical engineering 1
- Mechanical engineering -- Study and teaching -- United States. 1
- Memorandums 1
- Photography -- Exhibitions. 1
- Printing -- History 1
- Printing -- History -- New York (State) 1
- Retirement -- United States. 1
- Rochester (N.Y.) 1
- Rochester Region (N.Y.) -- History, Local. 1
- Spirit (Tiger) 1
- Student discipline 1
- Student life -- Behaviors 1
- Student-athletes 1
- Technical education 1
- Vocational education -- Curricula -- United States. 1
- Vocational education -- New York (State) 1
- Vocational education. 1 ∧ less