Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute -- Alumni and Alumnae
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Materials belonging to Blanche A. Phillips and Dorothy J. Walls. Both women graduated from the Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute (renamed Rochester Institute of Technology in 1944). The collection includes textile cards, pamphlets, and other published material.
Materials related to Burton E. Stratton, and Burton’s son, John Stratton. Burton E. Stratton was a graduate of the Mechanics Institute's electrical department, and served as the Dean of the Evening College from 1941-1960. The collection includes news clippings, photograps, and college publications
The David and Mary Hoysic collection on Sister Marie-Pierre Semler contains biographical information about the life of RIT alumna Sister Marie Pierre Semler, and information about her artwork. Materials include a brochure, a biographical essay, a timeline, and an exhibit catalog. Also included is a VHS tape about her work.
Collection includes an eight inch table saw and cast iron grinding or buffing wheel arbor designed, patterned and machined by Mechanics Institute (MI) student, Howard C. Riker. Mr. Riker was a student in the School of Industrial Arts, and graduated in 1928. These pieces were made in the Engineering drawing and mechanism class.
The Llenis J. Hillman scrapbook and other college memorabilia is a collection created while Ms. Hillman attended the Mechanics Institute (MI) in 1937-1940 and graduated from the Food Administration program. The collection includes scapbook pages, photographs, yearbooks, and Food Administration alumni directories.
Collection is approximately 250-300 recipe cards belonging to Gertrude Sterling, a Home Economics student at the Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute (RAMI) during the 1930's. Recipes include cakes, pastries, puddings, pickling, and much more. Most of the recipes are for servings of 50 or more.
Wine glasses from the July 8-9, 1994 Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute Golden Reunion.
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 3
- Class reunions -- New York (State) -- Rochester 2
- Correspondence 2
- Publications 2
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester -- History 2
- Art students -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Biography files 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- College publications 1
- Engineering -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Glassware 1
- Haviland china -- History 1
- Home economics -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Instructional materials 1
- Mechanical drawing -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Mechanical engineering 1
- Memorabilia 1
- Metalworking and metalworking processes and techniques 1
- Oil paintings (visual works) 1
- Ossining (N.Y.) 1
- Photographs 1
- Recipes 1
- Rochester (N.Y.) 1
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- History 1
- School yearbooks 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sculpture (visual work) 1
- Textile cards 1
- Textile fabrics 1
- Video recordings 1
- Women college students -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1 ∧ less