Rochester Institute of Technology. School of Art and Design
Found in 15 Collections and/or Records:
Scrapbooks related to Clifford M. Ulp and the Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute (renamed the Rochester Institute of Technology in 1944). Ulp served as a faculty member and then the director of the Institute's art and design program from 1921 to 1952. The scrapbooks contain clippings and various pieces of ephemera such as event programs and invitations.
Clifford Ulp artwork contains 12 pieces: paintings and drawings, primarily depicting landscapes.
The Hans Barschel collection contains the personal writings, correspondence, photographs, client files, and select artworks of noted graphic designer Hans Barschel. Baschel was a faculty member at the Rochester Institute of Technology from 1952 to 1976.
The Joe Watson graphic design curricular materials collection contains undergraduate student work, teaching materials created by Professor Watson, as well as some correspondence pertaining to the student project.
The collection consists of a hand made hanging quilt, titled Red Dawn@2007. The artist, Jane Goode was a 1974 RIT Art & Design graduate.
Luvon Sheppard watercolors consists of 5 paintings, most depicting Rochester, New York.
The R. Roger Remington graphic design curricular collection contains undergraduate and graduate student work, teaching materials created by Professor Remington, and promotional materials. Also included are photographs of faculty, students, guest speakers, artwork, and a holiday party.
The collection consists of two motion picture films an lp record and CD soundtrack promoting the School of Art and Design and the School for American Craftsmen at RIT.
Two copies of "First Ever", a portfolio made up of one print by each student participant in the first computer graphics course to be taught in the School of Photography.
- Art -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 6
- Art in universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester 4
- Clippings (information artifacts) 4
- Graphic arts -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 4
- Art students -- New York (State) -- Rochester 3
- Arts administrators -- New York (State) -- Rochester 3
- Graphic design 3
- Administrative records 2
- Art -- Exhibitions -- New York (State) -- Rochester 2
- Artists -- New York (State) -- Rochester -- 20th century 2
- College administrators -- New York (State) -- Rochester 2
- Correspondence 2
- Drawings (visual works) 2
- Ephemera 2
- Portfolios in education 2
- Posters 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester 2
- Advertisements 1
- Advertising 1
- Anniversaries 1
- Announcements 1
- Art -- Competitions -- New York (State) 1
- Articles 1
- Bags (generic containers) 1
- Biography files 1
- Calligraphy (visual works) 1
- Clocks and watches 1
- College publications 1
- Commercial art -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Compact discs 1
- Computer graphics 1
- Computer graphics -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Directories 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Graphic arts -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Graphic arts -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Graphic design -- 1950-1980 1
- Landscape drawing -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Long-playing records 1
- Memorandums 1
- Motion pictures (visual work) 1
- Oil paintings (visual works) 1
- Painters -- United States 1
- Pictorial quilts 1
- Programs (documents) 1
- Promotional materials 1
- Proposals 1
- Receipts (financial records) 1
- Schedules (time plans) 1
- Sketches 1
- Student drawings 1
- Textile fabrics 1
- Video recordings 1
- Watercolors (paintings) 1
- Women calligraphers -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1 + ∧ less