Rochester Institute of Technology. School of Printing
Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
Materials related to the Empire State School of Printing, an early predecessor of the Rochester Institute of Technology's School of Print Media. The collection includes general information on the school, as well as ephemera, copies of diplomas, course schedules, lists of graduates, and clippings.
The Fred Moss collection consists of a variety of print materials collected by the donor while a student at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) in the 1950's. There are handbooks, brochures, pamphlets and Kodak publications that all relate to the graphic arts. There are also a number of RIT publications including a sports bulletin, student handbook, and course catalog.
The Harry Rab slide collection contains images of the RIT School of Printing Management and Sciences facilities as well as a script about the Institute and printing program.
Two Mark Ellingson Printing Alumni Award medals. Ellingson was RIT President from 1936 to 1969 and was instrumental in bringing the Empire School of Printing to RIT in 1937.
Two copies of Newspaper Headlines produced by W. Frederick Craig, RIT School of Printing professor in 1983.
The Printing Industry Center at RIT records include annual reports, grant requests, marketing brochures and the application to start the Printing Industry Center at RIT.
Materials related to interviews conducted with RIT alumni of the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences alumni about their time at RIT and their current careers.
Materials related to the Byron G. Culver Award at the Rochester Institute of Technology. The award is presented annually to a person who has shown dedication to and has contributed significantly to advancements within the printing and graphic arts industry through education. This collection contains five news clippings.
The Graphic Arts Research Center (GARC) records contains brochures, publications, clippings related to, and produced by GARC, as well as the handwritten outline of the Graphic Arts Research Division from 1947. GARC was a division of the College of Graphic Arts and Photography at RIT.
The RIT School of Printing records include general information on the school, course brochures, and a program proposal, as well as alumni directories and clippings. There are correspondence, publications from or about RIT, and promotional materials for printing conferences, seminars, and alumni reunions. Also included within this collection are style books and samples from the school. Materials range in date from 1920 to 2000.
- Printing -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 8
- Clippings (information artifacts) 4
- Printing -- History -- New York (State) 4
- Printing -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) 4
- brochures 4
- Awards 2
- Ephemera 2
- Graphic arts -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 2
- Printing -- History -- 20th century 2
- Printing -- Specimens 2
- Programs (documents) 2
- Publications 2
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 2
- Advertisements 1
- Annual reports 1
- Certificates 1
- College sports -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- College student newspapers and periodicals -- New York (State) 1
- Color slides 1
- Corporate identity 1
- Diplomas 1
- Grants 1
- Graphic arts -- History 1
- Graphic arts -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Interviews 1
- Lectures and lecturing -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Master Printers of America 1
- Memorandums 1
- Newspaper publishing -- History 1
- Newspapers 1
- Oral histories 1
- Printing -- History 1
- Printing -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- 20th century 1
- Promotional materials 1
- Reports 1
- Student activities -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Student life 1
- Woodwork -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1 + ∧ less