RIT Alumnus Interview digital audio recording collection
Scope and Contents
The collection includes four interviews with alumni from RIT. The first is an interview with Hunter Kariher, alumnus from the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences. He talks about his time at RIT, the influence it had on him, and how it prepared him for his future in wood working. The second is an interview with Patricia Moore, alumnus from the College of Fine and Applied Arts, now working for Lowy Enterprises. She discusses what she did after graduating, her current work and what her employer does. The next interview is with Bruce Porter, alumnus from the College of Fine and Applied Arts. He discusses working at Tamerin Institute in Mexico, collaborating with Frank Stella, what it means to be a master printer, and the approach he used when working with students at RIT. Finally, an interview with Steven Tagg, alumnus from the College of Fine and Applied Arts. He discusses what his job is now, what about his time at RIT made him successful, how he was handled at RIT, what advice he would give to current students and his overall impressions of RIT and some of the projects he worked on while at RIT. Original cassette recordings were digitized on 3/25/2015.
- ca. 1968-1980
- Moore, Pat (Designer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Founded in 1829, Rochester Institute of Technology is a privately endowed, coeducational university with nine colleges emphasizing career education and experiential learning. The campus occupies 1,300 acres in suburban Rochester, the third-largest city in New York state. RIT also has international campuses in Eastern Europe and Dubai. The RIT student body consists of approximately 15,000 undergraduate and 3,000 graduate students. Enrolled students represent all 50 states and more than 100 countries. There are 2,900 students from different racial and ethnic backgrounds, and 2,577 international students enrolled.
RIT is an internationally recognized leader in preparing deaf and hard-of-hearing students for successful careers in professional and technical fields. The university provides unparalleled access and support services for the more than 1,200 deaf and hard-of-hearing students who live, study, and work with hearing students on the RIT campus.
5 Digital File(s) (Digital Audio files)
Materials related to interviews conducted with RIT alumni of the College of Imaging Arts and Sciences alumni about their time at RIT and their current careers.
The collection is arranged alphabetically by alumni last name.
For access, contact RIT Archive Collections.
Finding aid created by Jennifer Roeszies in September 2015.
- Corporate identity
- Kariher, Hunter
- Master Printers of America
- Oral histories
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Alumni and Alumnae
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Students
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of Imaging Arts and Sciences
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School of Printing
- Stella, Frank
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae
- Woodwork -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Moore, Pat (Designer, Person)
- Porter, Bruce (Printer, Person)
- Tagg, Stephen (Designer, Person)
- RIT Alumnus Interview audio recording collection
- RIT Archives
- Jennifer Roeszies
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the RIT Archives Repository
Rochester NY 14623 USA