RIT Henrietta Campus maps
Scope and Contents
The RIT Henrietta Campus Maps collection contains numerous maps outlining the locations of buildings and parking lots beginning in 1968 when the construction of the campus was completed. A few maps outline the transition from the downtown campus to the current Henrietta campus, indicating the size difference. Many of the maps were made available in brochure format so students could conveniently carry them around.
- Circa 1965-2000, 2015
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
In September of 1968 the first classes were held at the new RIT Henrietta Campus. The University had relocated from downtown Rochester, New York. The newly expanded space was quite a change from the small downtown campus that consisted of only a couple buildings. Detailed campus maps had to be made outlining where all the buildings were located and where to find parking. Currently these maps can still be found on the RIT website and are now interactive, showing actual pictures of the buildings and giving detailed directions.
1.3 Linear Feet (1 box containing 2 folders)
This collection contains numerous maps of the Rochester Institute of Technology Henrietta campus beginning in 1968. The maps document campus buildings and parking lots and show the growth that has taken place.
This collection is organized within 3 folders and chronologically within each folder. The collection is housed in a document box with another collection. (RITArc.0441)
C.S. North, Shelf 315
Finding aid created by Emily Sinicropi in January 2013.
- Campus planning -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- College buildings -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- College campuses -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Buildings
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Maps
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Students
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester -- History
- RIT Henrietta Campus Maps
- RIT Archives
- Emily Sinicropi
- 18 January 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note