Christensen, Hans (1924-1983)
- Existence: 1924 - 1983
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Materials related to Hans Christensen, the world-renowned silversmith and former Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) professor. Most of the collection consists of articles written on Hans Christensen, specifically his works, achievements, and death. The collection also includes some miscellaneous documents such as a biographical sketch, exhibition catalog, and a few pieces of correspondence.
Digital audio recordings of two interviews with Hans Christensen. Christensen was a world renowned silver smith who taught at RIT for 29 years.
Pencil drawings of designs created by Hans Christensen, the renowned silversmith and Rochester Institute of Technology professor. Five of the drawings are of a spice box, while one is of a ceremonial mace presented to Mark Ellingson.
6 silver pieces by Hans Christensen.
13 pieces of silver craft by Hans Christensen. Pieces were created for the RIT President, Chapel, and awards.
Twenty-four digital audio recordings of interviews mostly conducted by Leo Smith in an attempt to capture the oral history of the Rochester Institute of Technology from some of its prominent faculty, staff, trustees, presidents and contributors.
Files on the artwork on the Rochester Institute of Technology's campus, compiled by Peter Giopulos. Giopulos served as the associate dean for the College of Fine and Applied Arts at the university. The collection includes articles, clippings, correspondence, and miscellaneous administrative documents for each piece, as well as photographs of the items and tape recordings of interviews with some of the artists.
This sterling silver bowl was created by Hans Christensen, professor in the School for American Craftsmen at Rochester Institute of Technology, to be presented to the 1979 recipient of the Sarah Margaret Gillam Award, Howard C. Green.
- Silversmiths 6
- Silverwork -- New York (State) -- Rochester 6
- Oral histories 2
- Apprenticeship 1
- Art in universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Articles 1
- Artist files 1
- Award presentations -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Ceremonial maces 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Crafts (art genres) 1
- Deaf -- Education 1
- Deaf -- Education (Higher) -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Deaf college students 1
- Deaf students -- United States. 1
- Drawings (visual works) 1
- Education, Cooperative 1
- Educational fund raising -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Electrical engineering 1
- Electrical engineering -- Study and teaching 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Exhibitions -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Finger spelling -- United States. 1
- Gleason Works (Rochester, N.Y.) 1
- Home economics -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Interviews 1
- Mechanical engineering 1
- Mechanical engineering -- Study and teaching -- United States. 1
- Obituaries 1
- Photography -- Exhibitions. 1
- Printing -- History 1
- Printing -- History -- New York (State) 1
- Public Art -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Rochester (N.Y.) 1
- Rochester Region (N.Y.) -- History, Local. 1
- Spice boxes 1
- Student-athletes 1
- Technical education 1
- Vocational education -- Curricula -- United States. 1
- Vocational education -- New York (State) 1
- Vocational education. 1
- religious objects 1 + ∧ less