National Technical Institute for the Deaf faculty papers
Scope and Contents
A collection of thirty-two unpublished manuscripts and seventy-two published papers written by many faculty members at NTID between 1986-2010. Subject matter centers around education of the deaf and sign language. Many of the published papers can be found online.
A complete list of the papers can be found in this record under "Additional Finding Aids."
- Creation: 1986-2010
- Creation: Majority of material found within 1990 - 2005
- Caccamise, Frank (Writer of accompanying material, Person)
- Egelston-Dodd, Judy (Writer of accompanying material, Person)
- Fischer , Susan D. (Writer of accompanying material, Person)
- Foster, Susan Bannerman (Writer of accompanying material, Person)
- Lang, Harry G. (Writer of accompanying material, Person)
- Monikowski, Christine (Writer of accompanying material, Person)
- Paranis, Ila (Writer of accompanying material, Person)
- Stinson , Michael S. (Writer of accompanying material, Person)
- Stuckless, E. Ross (Writer of accompanying material, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Historical Information: National Technical Institute of the Deaf
The National Technical Institute for the Deaf, one of nine colleges at RIT, was established by an act of Congress and signed into law by President Johnson in 1965. After an extensive national search, RIT was chosen as the permanent home for NTID, and the first group of students arrived in Fall 1968. RIT was chosen over such schools as Illinois State University, Pennsylvania State University, University of Colorado at Boulder, and University of Southern California.
The NTID building opened in October 1974. Lady Bird Johnson officially dedicated the building. Since that time, NTID enrollment has been growing and currently numbers approximately 1500 students, with several hundred cross registering into other RIT colleges.
1.5 Linear Feet (3 Document Boxes )
Collection of 104 published and unpublished manuscripts written by faculty at the National Technical Institute for the Deaf at RIT between 1986-2010.
Papers are arranged alphabetically by author's last name, then alphabetically by paper title.
Other Finding Aids
In addition to this finding aid, an inventory is available below. For more information, please contact the RIT Archive Collections.
National Technical Institute for the Deaf Faculty papers
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collection was transferred to the RIT/NTID Deaf Studies Archive in December 2015 by NTID.
Accession number(s): 2016:005
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in February 2016.
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf (Organization)
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf. Faculty (Organization)
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf Faculty papers
- RIT/NTID Deaf Studies Archive
- Jody Sidlauskas
- 22 February 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note