Glenn Kist papers
Professional papers of Dr. Glenn Kist, a former interim Dean in the Rochester Institute of Technology's College of Liberal Arts. The collection includes correspondence, notes, reports, proposals, forms, policies, brochures, fliers, clippings, and other miscellaneous records.
- Kist, Glenn (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Glenn J. Kist started at RIT in 1970 in the College of General Studies as a professor of History. In 1981, he became chair of the Science and Humanities Division, which included the departments of history, philosophy, fine art and science, technology, and society. In 1988, he became associate dean of RITs College of Liberal Arts (CLA).
Dr. Glenn Kist began as interim dean of the College of Liberal Arts (CLA) on November 27, 2006. The interim dean’s position involves administrating College affairs, including ensuring that the curriculum is offered, meeting student needs, maintaining a balanced budget, and resolving personnel issues. He held this position until 2008, and served again as interim dean in 2010.
Dr. Kist earned his B.A. and M.A. from Xavier University in history, and his Ph.D. from Loyola University focusing on Latin American history and inter-American diplomatic relations.
Rochester Institute of Technology Career Highlights
- Started his career as a professor in the College of General Studies
- Named Chairman of the Science and Humanities Division of Liberal Arts
- Became Associate Dean for the College of Liberal Arts
- Promoted to Deputy Dean for the College of Liberal Arts
- Accepted a position as Interim Dean for the College of Liberal Arts (2 year position)
- Filled in as Interim Dean for the College of Liberal Arts (4-6 week position)
21.75 Linear Feet (18 file boxes)
This collection is currently unprocessed.
C.S. Mid-range, Shelves 169 172; 475-479; 674-678
Other Finding Aids
In addition to this finding aid, several inventories are available below. Each finding aid represents a separate accession. For more information, please contact the RIT Archive Collections.
Glenn Kist papers (accession 06:33)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was donated to the RIT Archive Collections by Glenn Kist in three installments beginning in 2006.
Finding aid created by Lara Nicosia in February 2011.
- Administrative records
- College administrators -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Administration
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of General Studies
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of Liberal Arts
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of Liberal Arts. Dean's Office
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Glenn Kist papers
- RIT Archives
- In Progress
- Lara Nicosia
- 17 February 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note