NTID promotional materials
Scope and Contents
NTID promotional materials consists of a variety of materials: a travel mug, large coffee cup, pennant, 2 lucite paperweights commemorating the NTID dedication in October 1974, 4 buttons, 1 pen holder, and assorted paper materials.
- Creation: circa 1968-2017
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The National Technical Institute for the Deaf, one of nine colleges at RIT, was established by an act of Congress and signed into law by President Johnson in 1965. After an extensive national search, RIT was chosen as the permanent home for NTID, and the first group of students arrived in Fall 1968. RIT was chosen over such schools as Illinois State University, Pennsylvania State University, University of Colorado at Boulder, and University of Southern California.
The NTID building opened in October 1974. Lady Bird Johnson officially dedicated the building. Since that time, NTID enrollment has been growing and currently numbers approximately 1500 students, with several hundred cross registering into other RIT colleges.
.75 Linear Feet (1 document box and 1 half document box)
NTID promotional ephemera includes cups, paperweights, buttons, and other artifacts related to National Technical Institute for the Deaf at Rochester Institute of Technology.
Collection materials are by material type and brochure topic.
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in November 2011. Revised by Ella von Holtum in February 2018.
- NTID promotional materials
- RIT/NTID Deaf Studies Archive
- Ella von Holtum
- 12 February 2018
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note