Hugh Stubbins photo album of Booth and Gannett buildings
Scope and Contents
Album holds thirteen color photographs mounted on heavy cardstock of the exterior of Booth and Gannett buildings on the RIT campus. Photographs depict the buildings form different angles, and include interior shots of the Webb Auditorium, the Bevier Gallery, art studios, a photo lab, a large offset printer, and a photo studio.
Album is inscribed to Paul Miller from architect Hugh Stubbins, "with high regards and best wishes" December 23, 1970. All images were taken by photographer Jonathan Green.
In 2018, Photo album was deconstructed and placed in archival document box with records on the construction of the Henrietta campus, RIT President's records on Henrietta Campus construction, RITArc.0147, Box 4.
- December 1970
- Hugh Stubbins and Associates (Donor, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Hugh Stubbins Jr. designed the Booth and Gannett buildings on RIT's campus. Internationally known, the architect designed the angular tower of the Citicorp Center in Manhattan, the Reagan Presidential Library in California and the Yokohama Landmark Tower, one of the tallest buildings in Japan. He later designed the National Technical Institute for the Deaf core buildings at RIT. Mr. Stubbins and his firm, Hugh Stubbins and Associates, designed more than 800 buildings in eight countries, including many buildings on college campuses.
Born in 1912, he died in 2006 at the age of 94.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 photo album)
One spiral bound album of 8 x 10" color photographs of the newly completed buildings for the College of Fine and Applied Arts, and the College of Graphic Arts and Photography. Today these buildings are known as the Booth and Gannett Hall.
Collection is one photo album.
C.S. Mid-range, Shelf 37
Dimension of the album is 10 x 14.5 inches.
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in April 2015.
- Architects -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Building -- Design and construction
- College buildings -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Miller, Paul A.
- Photograph albums
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of Fine and Applied Arts
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of Graphic Arts and Photography
- Hugh Stubbins photo album of Booth and Gannett buildings
- RIT Archives
- Jody Sidlauskas
- 8 April 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note