Nathaniel Rochester Hall sign
Scope and Contents
The Nathaniel Rochester hall sign is made of wood and metal which have been painted red and silver respectively, and features the words "RIT Nathaniel Rochester Hall." As this sign comes from the original Nathaniel Rochester Hall from RIT's downtown Rochester campus, it may have been in use at any time from 1959 (the time of the building's dedication as Nathaniel Rochester Hall) to 1968, at which time the university moved to its current location in Henrietta.
- circa 1959-1968
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
In order to solve the housing problems created by rising enrollment following the end of the Second World War, the Rochester Institute of Technology purchased the Manger Rochester Hotel and converted it into a men's dormitory that opened for use in November 1957. The building, which would be dedicated as "Nathaniel Rochester Hall" in 1959, could house up to 400 students, and did so until the university moved to its current campus in Henrietta in 1968.
5.45 Linear Feet (1 Item)
Red and silver wood and metal sign with the words "RIT Nathaniel Rochester Hall."
Archives Storage Room 3515
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession number(s): 2017:029
Approximately 65.5 inches long, by 12.25 inches tall, by 1inch deep
Finding aid created by Jess Andrews in June 2017.
- Nathaniel Rochester Hall sign
- RIT Archives
- Jess Andrews
- 7 June 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note