Mike Klein collection of RIT Photographic Science memorabilia
Scope and Contents
The Mike Klein collection of RIT Photographic Science program memorabilia contains digital photographs and document scans related to a 1975 Photo Scavenger Hunt, scans of various documents related to School of Photographic Arts and Sciences in 1975, photographs taken by Mike Klein and friends during his time at RIT in the 1970's, photographs and information about graduates from their 40th reunion event in 2015, including a document with Mike Klein's memories of his time at RIT.
Mike Klein collection of RIT Photographic Science program memorabilia:
- Sixteen 8 x 10" copy prints with 3 pages of captions
- Sixth Annual Photo Scavenger Hunt, May 24, 1975 (10 page paper)
- Office Memo from Dr. Ronald Francis to Mike Klein dated May 29, 1975, Subject: Note of thanks
- Photocopy of Photographic Science Program outline [presumably from a course catalog]
- Meeting Notice of the Rochester Chapter of the Society of Photographic Scientists & Engineers
- 3 publications: Careers in Photographic Science and Engineering prepared by the education committee of the Rochester Chapter of Photographic Scientists and Engineers, with assistance of the staff of the College of Photography and Graphic Arts of RIT, 1969; Photo Scientists, publication of the Joint RIT Student Chapters of SPSE & SMPTE, Dec. 1971; RIT College of Graphic Arts & Photography viewbook, RIT Office of Admissions, ca. 1973-1975.
- Klein, Nancy (Darling) (Photographer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Michael D. Klein graduated from RIT in 1975 with a degree in Photographic Science & Instrumentation from the College of Graphic Arts & Photography. While he was there, he met and eventually married Nancy Darling, a 1974 graduate. As indicated in a memo from Dr. Ronald Francis to Mike Klein, Mike accomplished many initiatives and extra-curricular activities while he was a student.
Mike also includes his list of favorite RIT memories in the collection, shedding light on student life at RIT in the 1970's.
1 Box(es) (2 folders in half document box)
Materials related to Mike Klein's time as a student at RIT in the Photographic Science and Instrumentation program in the 1970's. Included are photographs, publications, and a memo.
Collection is arranged by material type. Digital files arranged in folders:
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Collection was donated to the RIT Archives in May 2015 by Mike Klein. Accession number(s): 2015:109
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in February 2016.
- Class reunions -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Digital images
- Francis, Ronald (Dr.)
- Gardiner, Mark
- Kornreich, Maurice
- Lianza, Tom
- Photographic Science & Instrumentation
- Photography -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of Imaging Arts and Sciences. School of Photographic Arts and Sciences
- Mike Klein collection of RIT Photographic Science memorabilia
- RIT Archives
- Jody Sidlauskas
- 08 February 2016
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note