RIT University News Services videotapes & CDs
Scope and Contents
RIT University News Services videotapes & CDs:
- April 10, 2002
- CD- Interview for RIT: The University Magazine; Kathy Lindsley, editor interviews Bruce James, chair, RIT Board of Trustees
- April 29, 2002
- CD- Campaign Q & A for RIT: The University Magazine; Bob Finnerty, Chief Communications Officer; Laurel Price Jones, VP/Development; Albert Simone, RIT President
- August 7, 2002
- CIMS/DOD contract, WROC-TV (Ch.8)
- September 19, 2002
- Sunday 2000 Installation, TV News Clips, R News, WROC-8, 1 hr. and 40 min.
- February 19, 2003
- CIAS/Paper Garments, R News, WORK-13
- October 2, 2003
- Sentinel Dedication – R News, WROC-8, WORK-13
- June 26 - October 2,2003
- The Sentinel: Rise and Dedication – Local TV Highlights
- October 27, 2003
- Field House Construction – WORK-13 & WUHF-31
- December 17, 2003
- 100 Years of Flight – TV News Highlights & Discovery Channel Documentary
- February 19, 2004
- A Day in the Life of RIT: School for American Crafts, WOKR-13, 2 hr.
- December 22, 2004
- Field House Trophy Cases – WROC Ch.8
- September 12, 2005
- CD- Campaign Q & A for RIT: The University Magazine; Albert Simone, RIT President; Michael Morley, RIT Board of Trustees; William Buckingham, RIT Board of Trustees; Lisa Cauda, VP/Development; Bob Finnerty, Chief Communications Officer
- July 2, 2007
- RIT/TV News Clips “Dr. Destler’s first day"
The following were added in January 2018:
- Fall 2002
- Article from Fall 2002 University Magazine
- June 17, 2003
- VHS – Three Presidents: A Personal View, 14:40 min. (2 copies)
- December 14, 2005
- CD – RIT Welcomes President Bill Clinton, 45 min.
- May 17, 2006
- VHS – Dr. Simone’s Retirement Announcement (2 copies)
- CD – 3D Visualization in Science
- CD – RIT Field House and Activities Center
- Richard L. Doolittle, Ph.D. Professor and Head Medical Sciences Department & Paul Craig, Ph.D. Professor Department of Chemistry
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Office of Government and Community Relations. University News Services (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
RIT University News Services is RIT’s news and public relations division, part of the Office of Government and Community Relations. University News staff members cover beats related to specific disciplines and responsibilities.
Now called University Communications, RIT’s news and public relations department, part of the Division of Marketing and Communications.
0.25 Linear Feet (2 document boxes)
Collection of VHS videotapes and CDs produced by RIT's University News department containing various subjects relating to newsworthy events held at RIT between 2002-2007.
Videotapes are in date order.
C.S. South, Shelf 735
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Videotapes have been deposited at the RIT Archives periodically by RIT University News Services.
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in March 2015.
- Bruce, James S.
- Clinton, Bill, 1946-
- Dedication services -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Destler, William W.
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of Imaging Arts and Sciences
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Gordon Field House
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School for American Crafts
- Simone, Albert J.
- Television news programs -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Video recordings
- RIT University News Services videotapes & CDs
- RIT Archives
- Jody Sidlauskas
- 30 March 2015
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note