RIT Student- Faculty directories
Scope and Contents
This collection of student and student-faculty directories contains addresses and phone numbers for the RIT community between 1941-1975.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The directories were initially published as a convenient source for students to locate one another on the downtown Rochester campus. There were no dorms in the early days so students were housed all over the city or they lived at home and commuted. The directories list names alphabetically by last name, address and telephone number. Also included were department phone extensions, administrative offices.
In 1955, the directories began including individual faculty listings with home addresses and phone numbers.
1 Linear Feet (2 document boxes)
A collection of RIT student and student-faculty directories published between 1941-1975.
Directories are arranged chronologically in three boxes.
C. S. South, Shelf 414
Immediate Source of Acquisition
These directories had been collected and saved by the Institute for many years. They were part of the RIT Archives Collections.
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in December 2013.
- Men -- Housing -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute -- Faculty
- Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute -- Students
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Faculty
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Student housing
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Students
- Telephone -- Directory
- Women -- Housing -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- RIT student- faculty directories
- RIT Archives
- Jody Sidlauskas
- 4 December 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note