RIT Portrait collection
Scope and Contents
RIT Portrait collection contains thousands of photographs of administrators, faculty, staff and some students dating from 1895 to 2005. The portraits were taken in a variety of settings, informal and formal, by professional photographers and amateur. Many were taken professionally by the university's official photographer. The portraits comprise many format and sizes: prints, slides, negatives and contact sheets.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
30 Linear Feet
This collection contains portraits of Mechanics Institute (MI), Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute (RAMI) and Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) administration, faculty, staff and some students. The portraits comprise many formats and sizes; prints, slides, negatives and contact sheets.
Most of the portraits are arranged alphabetically, only one series is chronological.
The collection is located in multiple areas within the RIT Photography collection.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession number(s): 2011:029
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in January 2013.
- College students -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Portrait collection
- Portrait photography -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute -- Administration
- Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute -- Faculty
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Faculty
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Staff
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Students
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of Applied Science and Technology
- Studio portraits
- Universities and colleges -- Faculty -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Universities and colleges -- Staff -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- RIT Portrait collection
- RIT Archives
- Jody Sidlauskas
- 09 January 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note