RIT Packaging Science Club records
Scope and Contents
The Packaging Science Club Records contains a brochure, advertisement and correspondence all related to the Packaging Science Club at RIT. The correspondence, written by club secretary, Ann Raphael, outlines the early history of the club and gives information on elected officials, meeting times and how to become a member. The brochure explains the purpose of the club and different activities planned for the 1980 school year. The promotion is announcing a club meeting with guest speaker Richard T. Kane, the manager of Design Services in the Consumer Plastics Department at Mobil Chemical Co.
- Creation: 1976-1980
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Packaging Science Club (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The Packaging Science program was established at RIT in 1972 as a degree program offered in Institute College, which was re-named the College of Applied Sciences and Technology in 1981. During the 1974-75 school year, the Packaging Science Club was formed. The purpose of the club was to, “educate interested persons of the RIT community in the field of packaging by sharing in the knowledge and experiences beyond that which academics can provide.”
.5 Linear Feet (1 folder in 1 document box with other collections)
Promotional records related to RIT’s Packaging Science Club. Included are correspondence, club history, and meeting announcement.
All materials are contained within a single folder.
Folder is housed in a document box with other single-folder collections.
Finding aid created by Emily Kolenberg in July 2012.
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of Applied Science and Technology (Organization)
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Institute College (Organization)
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Societies and clubs (Organization)
- RIT Packaging Science Club records
- RIT Archives
- Emily Kolenberg
- 09 July 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note