RIT Zeta Tau Alpha
Make the Rink Pink memorabilia
Scope and Contents
The RIT Zeta Tau Alpha "Make the Rink Pink" memorabilia contains:
- One white t-shirt with pink lettering reading
RIT Zeta Tau Alpha.
- One pink t-shirt with black lettering and the RIT tiger in the front, and on the back: Make the Rink Pink, January 30, 2010 with sponsors: Zeta Tau Alpha, RIT Hockey, Rochester General Hospital, and Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- One dark pink towel with black lettering Make the Rink Pink, January 30, 2010. Sponsored by RIT Hockey, Zeta Tau Alpha, andCenter for Residence Life.
- One bright pink pom pom made of plastic strips with a white 12 inch handle which says
Make the Rink Pink -Zeta Tau Alpha.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Rochester Institute of Technology hockey fans were asked to put away their orange Tiger apparel. Instead, they were asked to “Make the Rink Pink” in an effort to cure cancer. Zeta Tau Alpha sorority teamed up with the RIT men's and women's hockey teams in the "Pink Rink" event, where Ritter Arena transformed into a sea of pink. Pink Tiger jerseys (25 men, 21 women) were auctioned and proceeds reached $9,248. Jersey proceeds went to Rochester General Hospital's Lipson Cancer Center. Zeta Tau Alpha also raised more than $12,000 from T-shirt sales. Those sales benefited the Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation. In order to pink-out the rink, Zeta Tau Alpha sold limited edition pink Tiger t-shirts, available for purchase through any ZTA sister. They were sold in the SAU, SDC and Grace Watson Hall the week leading up to the event, as well as on game day at the Ritter arena.
0.21 Linear Feet (Half document box)
The RIT Zeta Tau Alpha
Make the Rink Pink memorabilia contains four items documenting this event in 2009 and 2010.
It includes two t-shirts, a small towel and a pom-pom. Each year this charity event raises money to fight breast cancer.
The RIT Zeta Tau Alpha
Make the Rink Pink memorabilia is arranged by item type.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The 2010 t-shirt and towel were donated by Becky Simmons. The other t-shirt and pom-pom were donated by Kari Horowicz. Accession number(s): 2011:52
The Zeta Tau Alpha sorority is not related to the Zeta Tau fraternity of the 1960's.
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in December 2011.
- Horowicz, Kari, Art & Photo Librarian (Person)
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Center for Residence Life (Organization)
- Simmons, Rebecca (Person)
- RIT Zeta Tau Alpha Make the Rink Pink memorabilia
- RIT Archives
- Jody Sidlauskas
- 17 November 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note