RIT Photo House shirts and member directory
Scope and Contents
The collection contains one sweatshirt and 2 t-shirts designed by Photo House students. Add to the collection is a 2014-2015 Photo House member directory which includes student portraits and photos of events they held, members photographs, photo house superlatives and facts.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
One of the oldest of the Special Interest Houses, Photo House was founded September 1, 1972. Little is recorded about the dormitory; Photo House did dissolve November 6, 1994. Due to student efforts, Photo House was re-established and celebrated its 40th Anniversary during RIT Brick City Weekend for the 2011-2012 school year. It is currently on the 4th floor of the Nathaniel Rochester Hall dormitory. The Photo House floor includes a darkroom, studio, print finishing room, and gallery for students to use.
0.4 Linear Feet (1 Document box)
T-shirts and a sweatshirt promoting Photo House, a special interest dormitory for RIT students, as well as a 2014-15 membership directory.
The collection consists of four items.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
2007:025, 2007:058, 2015:045
RIT Photo House shirts were donated to the RIT Archives by two former RIT students in 2007: Jessica Scott donated the sweatshirt and Nick Savot donated the t-shirts. The membership directory was deposited to the RIT Archives by the School of Photographic Arts and Sciences.
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in November 2011.
- Art students -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- College students -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Men -- Housing -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Photography -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Student housing
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Students
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Photo House
- Sweat shirts
- Women -- Housing -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- RIT Photo House shirts and member directory
- RIT Archives
- Amy Vilz
- 16 November 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the RIT Archives Repository
Rochester NY 14623 USA