Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Correspondence, slides, and clippings related to artists included in the deaf art/deaf artists website. The website includes over 40 deaf and hard of hearing artists.
Deaf View Image Art (De'VIA) collection contains a poster, exhibit and auction programs from various De'VIA events held during 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2014, as well as Gallery Guides from Deaf Artists' exhibits from 1993, 1995, and 1999.
The collage Repressive Means by Patti Durr consists of an 18" x 40" 10 pane white framed window. Each pane is decorated with various collage elements including painted red lips and print materials. The largest pane has an image of a deaf person with a chain affixed to its ear.
The materials in this collection are comprised of eight scripts of plays performed by the Lights On! theater group and five VHS videotapes. The items were collected and donated by Patricia Durr an associate professor at NTID.
Patti Durr’s filmed interviews and transcripts she conducted with deaf survivors of the Holocaust, as well as copies of two films created from the interviews. Also included are copies of older interviews conducted by Simon Carmel, former NTID faculty.
Patti Durr collection on Deaf Theatre contains correspondence, clippings, programs, and flyers related to Deaf theater, as collected by NTID faculty member Patti Durr.
Collection includes multimedia such as VHS tapes, DVCAM Tapes, Mini DV Cassette Tapes, DVDs, floppy discs, and Betacam Video Tapes. Topics include ASL interviews, Deaf Artist Interviews, Online Deaf Art Center, and Advocacy Services for Abused Deaf Victims (ASADV), Deaf education, NTID, Gallaudet University, De'VIA, and Deaf literature and poetry performance. Videos date from 1984-2012.
- Collection 7
- Digital Record 1
- Deaf artists 5
- Deaf -- Means of communication 3
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Compact discs 2
- Correspondence 2
- DVDs 2
- Deaf -- Associations, institutions, etc. 2
- Deaf culture 2
- Programs (documents) 2
- Video recordings 2
- American Sign Language 1
- Biographies 1
- Collages (visual works) 1
- Color slides 1
- Deaf -- Abuse of 1
- Deaf -- Education 1
- Deaf -- Education (Higher) -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Deaf -- Interviews 1
- Deaf -- Nazi persecution -- Personal narratives 1
- Deaf -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Deaf -- Violence against 1
- Deaf authors 1
- Deaf women 1
- Deaf, Theater for the -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Deafness -- Drama 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Holocaust survivors -- Interviews 1
- Holocaust, Jewish, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives 1
- Interviews 1
- Oral histories (document genres) 1
- Postcards 1
- Posters 1
- Scripts, Stage 1
- Teachers of the deaf 1
- Theater 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Atrocities 1 + ∧ less