Phillips, Herbert E.
Herbert E. Phillips was Director of the Technical and Education Center of the Graphic Arts, which was also known as Graphic Arts Research Center at Rochester Institute of Technology. He joined RIT in 1955, became Assistant Department Head in 1960, and was named Director in 1965. He graduated from RIT in 1952 with a degree in photographic technology. He was awarded the Technical Association for the Graphic Arts Honors Award in 1982.
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
The J. Tom Morgan manuscript contains a complete paste-up manuscript of Morgan's book, "Kiss Impressions: My Love Affair with Lithography," dated 1982. This book was published in Rochester, New York by Rochester Institute of Technology in 1983. The collection also contains the final published edition of the book.
Audio files related to the School of Photographic Arts and Sciences (SPAS) film The First Fifty. The film highlights the first fifty years of the School of Photographic Arts and Sciences. The collection includes audio recordings of interviews by Kevin Jergensen with prominent faculty members and students of SPAS.
- Color printing 1
- Diplomas 1
- Education -- Aims and objectives -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Interviews 1
- Library of Congress 1
- Lithography 1
- Monroe Community College 1
- Offset lithography 1
- Oral histories 1
- Photographers -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Photographs 1
- Photography -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Photojournalism. 1
- Portraits 1
- Printing -- New York (State) -- New York -- History -- 20th century 1
- Printing ink 1
- Printing machinery and supplies 1
- Printing plates 1
- Printing, Offset 1
- Rochester Institute of Technology 1
- Scientific photography 1
- Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers. 1
- Tuition -- New York (State) 1
- United States. Air Force. 1 ∧ less