Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute. Department of Home Economics
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
Marjorie Elizabeth Lyddon lapel pins are one small round (1/2" diameter) gold pin with raised MI(letters for Mechanics Institute) and Henry Lomb Society in raised letters around the edge, the other is a Lambda Delta Sorority gold pin with a raised " L" inside a triangle.
Pathways: A Century of Women at RIT project materials contains flyers, exhibition cards, and student projects generated for the project. The collaborative project took place during the 2007-08 academic year and culminated in a day-long symposium featuring presentations by students of their papers, poem readings and an exhibition opening.
The collection includes various documents, clippings, publications, financial records, enrollment records and board meeting information related to the Domestic Science Department at RIT. The collection spans from 1893-1989.
- Women college students -- New York (State) -- Rochester 2
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Cooking -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Correspondence 1
- Exhibitions -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Home economics -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Jewelry 1
- Lapel pins 1
- Publications 1
- Student research report 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Women artists -- New York (State) -- Rochester -- 19th century 1
- Women artists -- New York (State) -- Rochester -- 20th century 1
- Women athletes 1
- Women in education -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Women in higher education -- Social aspects -- United States 1 + ∧ less