Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute. Retailing Department
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Materials belonging to Blanche A. Phillips and Dorothy J. Walls. Both women graduated from the Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute (renamed Rochester Institute of Technology in 1944). The collection includes textile cards, pamphlets, and other published material.
Materials from Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute Retailing student, Fuku Matsuoka, in the 1930's. Included are her curriculum books for courses in Salesmanship, Advertising, and Fashion Trends, and some correspondence.
Collection of items related to Laura Funnell McQuillan, a graduate of the Rochester Institute of Technology's (RIT) retailing program. The collection includes two photographs of McQuillan, receipts from the school, and several other items related to McQuillan's time at the university.
The Nantka collection of RAMI textbooks includes textbooks used in the Publishing and Printing program in the 1940s - 50s, as well as one on Textiles, and Economics. Also included are other printing related ephemera and a photograph collected by Mr. & Mrs. Nantka.
RAMI historical interviews and radio series scripts consists of correspondence, a list of proposed radio program, scripts of aired presentations, drafts of the scripts prior to the interviews, and notes from radio presentations. The scripts highlight the history of Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute, the 100th Anniversary of the first photograph and the Photographic Technology and other departments.
- Correspondence 2
- Booklets 1
- Books 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- College enrollment 1
- College students -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- College yearbooks -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Curricula 1
- Education, higher -- Marketing 1
- Haviland china -- History 1
- Lecture notes 1
- Oral histories (document genres) 1
- Printing -- History 1
- Publications 1
- Radio programs -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Radio scripts 1
- Receipts (financial records) 1
- Rochester (N.Y.) -- History -- 19th century 1
- Stores, retail -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Textile cards 1
- Textile fabrics 1
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae 1
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester -- History 1
- Women college students -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1 ∧ less