Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Collection of materials from graphic designer Alex Steinweiss. It includes extensive client publications: advertisements, and posters mainly from his work for Columbia Records.
The collection contains client project files and posters created by the design firm Chermayeff and Geismar, as well as writings by the two designers, Ivan Chermayeff and Tom Geismar.
The Walter Allner collection contains poster and magazine covers designed by Allner as well as articles detailing his design process. He is best known for his work at Fortune magazine and he is recognized as the designer of the first computer-generated cover of a national magazine.
- Magazine covers -- United States. 2
- Advertising 1
- Articles 1
- Booklets -- United States -- 20th century 1
- Books 1
- Calendars 1
- Graphic design -- 1950-1980 1
- Logos 1
- Magazine covers -- United States -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Packaging 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Slides (photographs) 1 ∧ less
- Allner, W. H. (Walter H.) 1
- American Cancer Society 1
- Asolo Opera 1
- Chermayeff and Geismar. Chermayeff and Geismar Associates 1
- Chermayeff, Ivan 1