Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 37
Digital audio recording of an interview with Al Davis. Al Davis was known as "Mr. RIT" for his devotion to the Institute. He served as vice president in the 1960s and 1970s and played a key role in shaping RIT's future by helping to raise the funds to build a new campus in Henrietta. The collection includes parts three and four of the interview. Parts one and two of the interview are currently missing.
Photographs by RIT student Bill Barley of the public announcement to move the RIT campus from downtown Rochester to Henrietta.
Materials related to Burton E. Stratton, and Burton’s son, John Stratton. Burton E. Stratton was a graduate of the Mechanics Institute's electrical department, and served as the Dean of the Evening College from 1941-1960. The collection includes news clippings, photograps, and college publications
Photographs taken by Charles A. Savage, a former professor of photography at the Rochester Institute of Technology. Savage taught at the Institute from 1937-1966. The collection includes 23 prints as well as a few pieces of biographical information.
Eighty slides taken at different times throughout the new campus construction between 1962-1968.
Materials donated to RIT from alumni. The collection includes various RIT related objects donated to the RIT Archives from RIT Alumni.
Collection of records about Marcia Ellingson and some of the activities she was involved in.
Collection of records about RIT President Mark Ellingson.
Audio recording of a talk given by William Castle on the history of NTID. NTID was established in 1966 and Robert Frisina became its first director in 1967. Exact date of the recording is unknown.
Materials related to the Rochester Institute of Technology's George H. Clark Building, built in 1946 and occupied by RIT until 1968. The collection contains numerous documents related to the building's construction, as well as correspondence and publications regarding the building itself. Also included are clippings and various items that were placed in the building's cornerstone.