Herbert Feuerhake drawings
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of more than forty designs for typefaces and more than fifty examples of lettering Herbert Feuerhake created for various clients, during the 1960s and 1970s; media includes ink drawings, sketches, stats, and printed pieces
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical information on Herbert Feuerhake
Herbert Feuerhake (1911-1982), lettering artist, proprietor of Feuerhake Studio in New York, New York.
2 Linear Feet (7 boxes, 3 broadside folders)
The collection contains typeface and lettering designs created for various clients.
Cary Graphic Arts Collection
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Edward Rondthaler, 1992.
This collection is currently in progress. Please contact the Cary for more information.
This collection was processed by Cary staff, date unknown. Finding aid encoded from MARC record by Ella von Holtum in August 2020.
- Commercial art
- Commercial artists -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- Designers -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- Graphic artists -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- Graphic arts -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- Graphic design
- Lettering (layout features)
- Stats (copies)
- Typefaces (type forms)
- Herbert Feuerhake drawings
- Cary Graphic Arts Collection
- In Progress
- Ella von Holtum
- August 2020
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Cary Graphic Arts Collection Repository
Rochester NY 14623 US