- keyword(s): *
Showing Results: 1 - 4 of 4
The Edward G. Dykstra collection contains silverware and ceramic pieces; books and magazines about crafts, design, and silverwork; photographs of silver work and two Alfred University yearbooks. Mr. Dykstra attended the School for American Craftsmen (SAC) at Alfred University, graduating in 1948. The silver and ceramic include bowls, pitchers, plates, a vase and a box created by either Mr. Dykstra or a contemporary of his from SAC.
The collection contains three pieces from the Prip family art collection including a vase crafted by Frans Wildenhain and two copper candlesticks created by Ron Pearson.
- Subject: Art metal-work X
- Ceramics (objects) 2
- Crafts (art genres) 2
- Arts and crafts movement -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Sculpture (visual work) 1
- Sculpture, American -- New York (State) -- Rochester -- 20th century 1
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Art collections 2
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Faculty 2
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School for American Craftsmen 2
- Alfred University 1
- Dykstra , Edward G. 1