Larry Quinsland papers
Scope and Contents
The Larry Quinsland papers contain documents relating to Dr. Quinsland's professional activities at RIT. Notes, publications, and files regarding curriculum, experiential learning, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields, and faculty issues are represented. Several documents relate to grant documentation, and one document pertains to a project of Dr. Quinsland's called St. Elselab. In addition, there is an assemblage of drawings made by students of various teachers, collected by Quinsland.
- circa 1970-2015
- Quinsland, Larry K. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Dr. Larry Quinsland was a professor at RIT/NTID in the Department of Science and Mathematics. Quinsland published on experiential learning, technology, and cognition in the education of deaf people. He was also engaged with faculty and professional development and a leader in professional organizations. Quinsland worked at RIT for forty years, retiring in 2015.
1 Linear Feet (2 file boxes)
Papers donated by Dr. Larry Quinsland. NTID professor of Science and Mathematics. The papers include materials regarding faculty activity, curricula, and Quinsland's own academic work, as well as images created by students.
Each folder's original contents and title have been preserved, and the materials have been arranged chronologically by the archivist.
C.S. North, Shelf 218
Other Finding Aids
In addition to this finding aid, an inventory is available below. For more information, please contact the RIT Archive Collections.
Larry Quinsland papers
Immediate Source of Acquisition
This collection was donated to RIT Archive Collections by Larry Quinsland via Joan Naturale in June 2017. Accession number(s): 2017:036
Finding aid created by Ella von Holtum in July 2017.
- American Sign Language -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Convention of American Instructors of the Deaf
- Curriculum planning -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Deaf -- Education (Higher) -- Methodology
- Deaf -- Education (Higher) -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf. Faculty
- Science -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Larry Quinsland Papers
- RIT/NTID Deaf Studies Archive
- Ella von Holtum
- 28 June 2017
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note