RIT/NTID Deaf Studies Archive (DSA) ephemera
Scope and Contents
- Box 1, Folder 1
- 1934 script of a German film, "Misjudged People (Verkannte Menschen)", translated by Bernard Hurwitz
- Box 1, Folder 1a
- Information from Joan Naturale on the history of "Misjudged People"
- Box 1, Folder 2
- Brochures from the Rochester Deaf Rotary Club, 2010
- Box 1, Folder 3
- "Mother Hicks" program, a Women's Community Performance project, undated
- Box 1, Folder 4
- Photograph of Ultratec, Inc. tty
- Box 1, Item 5
- (not in folder) 2007 Consumer Guide for Sorenson Video Relay Services (SVRS)
- Box 1, Folder 6
- ASL Literature Conference 1991 - DVD's, brochures, clippings, correspondence
- Box 1, Folder 10
- USB drive containing photographs and videos from the 8th Deaf History International Conference, 2012
- Box 1, Folder 11
- Matthew S. Moore Auditorium Dedication program
- Box 1, Folder 12
- Abbe de L'Epee 300th birthday ephemera
- Box 1, Folder 13
- Deaf Awareness Week program, 2014
- Box 1, Folder 14
- clippings about Nancy Cook Smith
- Box 1, Folder 15
- Deaf Film Festival programs and promotional materials (other than Rochester)
- Box 1, Folder 16
- The Chautauqua Salute handkerchief - RITDSA.0179
- Box 1, Folder 17
- Paula Grcevic collection on deaf American & Russian artists exchange and exhibition, 1993
- Box 2
- Deaf Life calendar, 2012. "Dates to remember from our Deaf history"
- 1981 to current
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
For DHI Conference photographs: Copyright Notice: All photos on this USB were taken by our official DHI Conference 2012 photographer, Richard Hurst. Should you be using any of his photos for publication and/or posting online, please credit Richard Hurst with the following words beside each photo: copyright: Richard Hurst, DHI Conference 2012
1 Linear Feet (2 document boxes)
Materials are not ordered. See folder list in scope and contents note..
C.S. Mid-range, Shelf 419
Accurals are expected to be added periodically.
DSA ephemera additions 2022:001. items donated by Patti Durr: 1 flip book from World Deaf Cinema Festival 2010, Gallaudet University and one bumper sticker "Audism Free America." RITDSA.0097 currently in range 75. Added to box 2.
One theater program - "Swans" at Monroe Community College (August 23-25, 2019), one Nancy Rourke bumper sticker, the first issue of Newswaves (January 1997). Added to box 2.
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in January 2014.
- RIT/NTID Deaf Studies Archive ephemera
- Jody Sidlauskas
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- 01/03/2022: Added accession 2022:001. EC
- 01/03/2002: Added accession 2019:110. EC
- 01/03/2022: Added accession 2022:002. EC