Marilyn Fowler collection on NTID Medical Records Technology Program
Scope and Contents
Marilyn Fowler collection on NTID Medical Records Technology Program contains two scrapbooks with photographs and other documentation of the program, such as brochures, clippings and Certificates of Accreditation. One scrapbook contains documentation of the 10th Annual Health Records Congress convention in 1988 that NTID students attended in Dallas, Texas.
In addition, there is one audio cassette tape on
Medical Word Processing Simulation from 1985.
- Fowler, Marilyn (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The Medical Record Technology Program (MRT) at NTID was the only approved program in the US which was taught exclusively to hearing impaired adults. The program began in October 1970, its first students entered classes in January 1971, and continued through 1994 when the program was eliminated.
Marilyn Fowler was an Associate Professor for MRT during its entire existence. She prepared this extensive collection and wrote a history of the MRT program.
1 Linear Feet (1 flat box)
The Marilyn Fowler collection on NTID Medical Records Technology Program contains two scrapbooks with historical information and photographs of students and faculty in the program from its' inception to closing in 1994.
The collection is arranged in chronological order.
C.S. North, Shelf 232
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was donated to RIT Archive Collections by Marilyn Fowler in August 2013. Accession numbers: 2013:056
Finding aid created by Lisa Witt in August 2013.
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Curriculum planning -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Deaf -- Education (Higher) -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Medical records -- Management -- Study and teaching -- New York (State)
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf. Medical Records Department
- National Theatre of the Deaf -- History
- Marilyn Fowler collection on NTID Medical Records Technology Program
- RIT/NTID Deaf Studies Archive
- Lisa Witt
- 14 August 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note