National Deaf Poetry Conference program and recordings
Scope and Contents
National Deaf Poetry Conference program and recordings document the first conference, held September 24 to 26, 1987 at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- planning letter
- uncaptioned VHS tape labeled "Deaf Poetry Conference - 1987 Panel"
- DVCAM tape, 96 minutes, labeled "Debbie A. Rennie; National Deaf Poetry Conference; 24-26 Sept. 1987 NTID Rochester, NY; LECTURE (25 Sept); PERFORM (24 Sept); Jazz; 96 minutes"
- Creation: 1987
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The first National Deaf Poetry Conference was held at the National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID) at Rochester Institute of Technology on September 24-26, 1987. Hosted by the NTID Department of Liberal Arts, the conference featured American Sign Language poetry and included Peter Cook, Patrick Graybill, Ella Mae Lentz, Debbie Rennie, and Clayton Valli. The conference consisted of workshops, presentations, and panel discussions.
3 Item(s) (1 Folder, 1 VHS tape, 1 DVCAM in box with multiple other DSA collections)
Program from the first National Deaf Poetry Conference, held at the National Institute for the Deaf at Rochester Institute of Technology.
Collection consists of three items.
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in October 2011.
- National Deaf Poetry Conference (1987 : Rochester, N.Y.) (Organization)
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf (Organization)
- Rennie, Debbie (Person)
- National Deaf Poetry Conference program and recordings
- RIT/NTID Deaf Studies Archive
- Amy Vilz
- 17 October 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note