NTID Summer Vestibule Program collection
Scope and Contents
NTID Summer Vestibule Program photographs and slides document the annual orientation for students attending the National Institute for the Deaf at Rochester Institute of Technology. The collection consists of color photographs, negatives, and 35 mm slides with images of students, floor groups, and orientation activities, such as move-in day, classes, sports games, and night time events. Types of mixed media that document various SVP years consist of a film reel from SVP 1979 and 1 cassette of SVP 1982's slide show.
Also included is correspondence and photographs from SVP 1973 and a 1993 renuion from an alumna. There is a trophy with summer vestibule program engraved on the silver cup. Added in 2016, there are approximately 31 small slide boxes; 2 binders with 32 sheets of 35 mm slides & 2 of negatives. Most are labeled by year; however, some are undated.
- Creation: 1971-2008
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The Summer Vestibule Program (SVP) is a two-week orientation program for students attending the National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID) at Rochester Institute of Technology. The program includes tours of NTID and RIT, program samplings, course placement tests, and information on student policies and activities.
5 Linear Feet (3 document boxes, 3 half document boxes, 1 carton, 2 small boxes, and 2 binders)
NTID Summer Vestibule Program photographs and trophy consists of photographs, 35 mm slides, negatives, VHS, 8mm video cassettes, and other ephemera relating to the Summer Vestibule Program, an orientation for students attending the National Institute for the Deaf at Rochester Institute of Technology. Materials within this collection date from 1971 to 2008.
This collection is arranged by material type and in chronological order.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
2010:016; 2016:004; 2017:041; 2019:005
NTID Summer Vestibule Program photographs were deposited in the Deaf Studies Archive in April 2010, additional slides in 2015, and photographs and videotapes in 2017. A t-shirt was added in 2018.
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in October 2011. Revisions to the scope and content, abstract, and biographical/historical information were made and a finding guide was added in February 2016 by Jenna Bossert. Additional revisions and additions were made by Ella von Holtum in 2018 and 2019.
This collection is partially processed.
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf (Organization)
- National Technical Institute for the Deaf. Summer Vestibule Program (Organization)
- NTID Summer Vestibule Program photographs and trophy
- RIT/NTID Deaf Studies Archive
- Amy Vilz
- 03 October 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- Box: 1 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 2 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 3 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 4 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 5 (Graphic Materials)
- Box: 6 (Graphic Materials)
- Carton: 7 (Mixed Materials)
- Box: 8 (Moving Images)
- Box: 9 (Graphic Materials)
- Object: 1 (Mixed Materials)
- Binder: 1 (Graphic Materials)
- Binder: 2 (Graphic Materials)
- Carton: NTID Summer Vestibule Program trophy (Mixed Materials)