Emile Gruppe drawings
Scope and Contents
Emile Gruppe drawings consists of three pieces:
- Creation: 1900
- Gruppe, Emile A. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Though born in Rochester, Emile Gruppe was renowned for his paintings of the New England landscape and seascape, spending most of his career in Gloucester, Massachusetts. His father was the landscape artist Charles Gruppe. Gruppe’s painting was heavily influenced by the impressionists, particularly Monet.
3 Item(s) (3 Drawings)
Collection of three drawings by Rochester artist Emile Gruppe.
Collection consists of three drawings.
Untitled (snow scene with covered bridge), C.S. North, cubby 10
Untitled (lobster boat), C.S. North, cubby 1
Untitled (boats in harbor), C.S. North, cubby 5
RIT Art Collection
- Emile Gruppe at Art on Campus, Rochester Institute of Technology
Drawings are approximately 16 x 20 inches
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in October 2011.
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Art collections (Organization)
- Emile Gruppe drawings
- RIT Art Collection
- Amy Vilz
- 28 September 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note