Dorothy Bowman screen prints
Scope and Contents
Dorothy Bowman screen prints consist of two pieces:
- Creation: circa 1960-1980
- Bowman, Dorothy Louise (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Born in Hollywood, California, Dorothy Bowman started her career in screen prints in the early 1950s. Bowman’s works are held by several museum collections, including the Library of Congress and the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Bowman’s husband is artist Howard Bradford. Diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in 2000, Bowman still paints each day and resides in Salinas, California.
2 Item(s) (2 Screenprints)
Two screen prints by California artist Dorothy Bowman.
Collection consists of two prints.
The Wedding, Storage Room 3515, cubby 6
Water's Edge, no. 1, Building 12, outside room 2304
RIT Art Collection
Screenprints measure 27 x 41 inches.
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in September 2011.
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Art collections (Organization)
- Dorothy Bowman screen prints
- RIT Art Collection
- Amy Vilz
- 28 September 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note