Joseph Margulies etchings
Scope and Contents
Joseph Margulies etchings consists of three prints:
- Creation: circa 1966, undated
- Margulies, Joseph (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Known as a portrait and landscape painter, Joseph Margulies (1896-1983) had studios in New York City and Gloucester, Massachusetts. He painted landmarks of New York City and marine scenes of Gloucester and Cape Ann. Born in Vienna, he received his art education at the National Academy of Design, Cooper Union and the Art Students League. His oils, watercolors, aquatints and etchings are in museum collections: National Portrait Gallery, San Diego Museum of Art and university museums.
3 Item(s) (3 Etchings)
Three etchings by artist Joseph Margulies (1896-1983). Margulies was known for his portraits, landscapes, and etchings.
Collection consists of three prints.
C.S. North, Shelf 88, Box 5 (with Art on Campus collection)
- Joseph Margulies at Art on Campus, Rochester Institute of Technology
Print sizes vary: 13 x 15 to 15 x 11.5 inches
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in September 2011.
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Art collections (Organization)
- Joseph Margulies etchings
- RIT Art Collection
- Amy Vilz
- 07 September 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note