Philip Bornarth artwork
Scope and Contents
Philip Bornarth artwork contains five pieces, likely made while Bornarth was a professor in the School of Fine and Applied Arts at RIT.
- Creation: circa 1969-1990
- Bornarth, Philip (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Landscape painter Philip Bornarth studied at the Art Institute of Chicago and earned a graduate degree in art from Northwestern University. His first teaching position was at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. In 1960 he began teaching drawing and painting at RIT. Bornarth served on the RIT faculty until his retirement 39 years later. Bornarth’s work is widely held in public and private collections including Xerox, Eastman Kodak, Strong Memorial Hospital, and Chase Manhattan Bank.
4 Item(s) (2 Drawings, 1 Painting, 2 Prints)
Philip Bornarth artwork contains two drawings, painting, and two prints. Bornarth taught drawing and painting at RIT from 1960-1999.
Collection consists of 5 pieces of artwork.
C.S. North, Shelf 87, Box 2 - Untitle (Sundial, RIT) RIT Art Collection
- Philip Bornarth at Art on Campus, Rochester Institute of Technology
Artwork varies in size: 25 x 31 to 29 x 36.5 inches
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in August 2011.
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Art collections (Organization)
- Rochester Institute of Technology. College of Fine and Applied Arts (Organization)
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Faculty (Organization)
- Philip Bornarth artwork
- RIT Art Collection
- Amy Vilz
- 31 August 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note