M. Lillian Pratt Kinzel paintings
Scope and Contents
The M. Lillian Pratt Kinzel collection consists of 9 paintings:
- Creation: 1888-1900
- Kinzel, M. Lillian Pratt (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
M. Lillian Pratt Kinzel was born October 20, 1869 in Williamson, New York. She taught drawing at the Mechanics' Institute, (a precursor to Rochester Institute of Technology), as well as a number of other community groups: Rochester Art Club, Session and Trustees of Calvary Presbyterian Church, Sabbath school and Christian Endeavor Society of Calvary Church, West Brighton Christian Society, African Methodist Episcopal Junior Christian Endeavor, and Rochester Junior Local Union of Christian Endeavor.
On August 12, 1897, she married George Kinzel; they had one son, Donald. Lillian Pratt Kinzel died of pneumonia on May 2, 1900. She was 30 years old.
Nine paintings by artist M. Lillian Pratt Kinzel. Kinzel taught drawing at the Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute, a precursor to Rochester Institute of Technology.
Collection consists of nine paintings.
C.S. North, Shelf 87, Boxes 1-2 (with Art on Campus collection)
- M. Lillian Pratt Kinzel at Art on Campus, Rochester Institute of Technology.
Paintings vary in size: 5 x 13 to 20 x 12 inches
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in August 2011.
- Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute -- Faculty (Organization)
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Art collections (Organization)
- M. Lillian Pratt Kinzel paintings
- RIT Art Collection
- Amy Vilz
- 29 August 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note