Thomas Kekic glassware
Scope and Contents
Thomas Kekic glassware contains a set of 8 ruby red glasses with decanter.
- Kekic, Thomas (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Born in Ohio, glass artist Thomas Kekic earned his Bachelors from Kent State University and a Masters in Fine Arts from the Pratt Institute. In the 1970s, he helped develop, and was head of, the glass department at the School for American Craftsmen (now the School for American Crafts) at the Rochester Institute of Technology. Kekic has exhibited his works widely, and was also owner and operator of Bristol Glassworks in Canandaigua, New York.
Kekic's family has been involved in glass for generations. His father was an industrial glassworker at General Electric. Nicholas Kekic, Thomas's son, is also a glassmaker and owns Tsuga Studios in Vermont.
1.25 Linear Feet (1 File box)
Thomas Kekic glassware contains a set of 8 glasses with decanter.
Glassware is stored within the RIT Art on Campus collection.
C.S. North, Shelf 76 (with Art on Campus collections)
- Thomas Kekic at Art on Campus, Rochester Institute of Technology.
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in August 2011.
- Art in universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Art collections
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Faculty
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School for American Craftsmen
- Studio glass
- Studio glass -- New York (State) -- 20th century
- Thomas Kekic glassware
- RIT Art Collection
- Amy Vilz
- 19 August 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note