Ken Huth negatives and digital images
Scope and Contents
The Ken Huth negatives contain photographic negatives for images captured by Huth while he was a student at RIT in the late 1980's and later as a freelance photographer hired by RIT. These images are of a variety of RIT events including RIT Athletics and Alumni Relations sponsored events from 1995-1997. He photographed many RIT athletic competitions primarily from 1988.
Added to the collection in 2015 is a DVD of Ken Huth images which document the 90th birthday of Alfred Davis who worked many years at RIT and continued to be involved with the Institute until his final days. He was affectionately known as "Mr. RIT." There are many images of the celebration and of people who attended. Also on the DVD are images of the IT Collaboratory which was built with a grant from the New York State Office of Science, Technology and Adademic Research (NYSTAR). The Collaboratory focuses on microsystems, photonics, remote sensing systems and nanomaterials. The IT Collaboratory Research Building is adjacent to the Centerfor Microelectronic and Computer Engineering.
Received from the Office of Development in 2015 are Ken Huth images from the 2010 Brick City Reunion weekend. These images document all the activities and people who attended the events over the span of four days in October. Ken Huth Photo should be credited when using these photographs for RIT use only.
- 1987-1995, 2006, 2010
- Huth, Kenneth (Photographer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Ken Huth is an RIT photography graduate based in Rochester and more recently in North Carolina. He has photographed RIT events for many years, including events for Development and Alumni Relations, Imagine RIT Festival and the RIT's Brick City.
Ken has done work for the Associated Press, other Universities and businesses in Rochester. His passion being theatre photography, Ken has photographed at the Geva Theatre for over 20 years.
0.1 Linear Feet (1 clam shell box)
A collection of negatives created by Ken Huth while a photography student at RIT, and later as a freelance photographer covering events at RIT. Added to the collection is a DVD of Ken Huth Photos from 2006 documenting the 90th birthday of Alfred Davis (Mr. RIT) and the dedication of RIT's IT Collaboratory, and the 2010 Brick City weekend.
The negatives and digital images are arranged by date and subject.
Physical Characteristics and Technical Requirements
Digital images are all jpgs taken at 300 dpi and are unidentified.
C.S. Mid-Range, East Wall, Shelf 46
Other Finding Aids
In addition to this finding aid, an inventory is available below. For more information, please contact the RIT Archive Collections.
Ken Huth negatives
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was donted to the RIT Archives by Ken Huth in October, 2014.
Accession number(s): 2014:089, 2015:083
Finding aid created by Lisa Witt in November 2014.
- Class reunions -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- College sports -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Davis, Alfred L.
- Photographers -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Alumni and Alumnae
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Alumni Relations
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Brick City Homecoming. Golden Circle luncheon
- Rochester Institute of Technology. IT Collaboratory
- Rochester Institute of Technology. RIT Athletics. Sports Information
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School of Photography
- Student activities -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae
- negatives (photographs)
- Ken Huth negatives and digital images
- RIT Archives
- Lisa Witt
- 25 November 2014
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note