Multicultural Center for Academic Success plaques and photo albums
Scope and Contents
The collection contains an autographed poster, and plaques from several performances sponsored by the North Star Center, Center for Campus Life, and the Student Hispanic Heritage Programming Committee. As part of the donation the Multicultural Center for Academic Success donated photo albums and a box of loose photographs from the African American, Latin American, Native American (AALANA) staff and students and Center for Academic Success and Cultural Affairs (CASCA).
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The Center for Academic Success was conceived as a partnership between Academic Affairs and Student Affairs to address the cultural and academic needs of the African American, Latino American, and Native American student population. The Center was launched in September 2001. In 2002, The Center was moved under Academic Affairs and renamed the North Star Center for Academic Affairs. In 2006, the Center moved to Student Affairs where it resided until 2010. In 2010, the Center was moved under the Vice President and Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion, and renamed the Multicultural Center for Academic Success (MCAS). MCAS continues to honor its original mission to aid in the retention and graduation of African American, Latin American, and Native American (AALANA) students by extending our promise to all students representative of the multicultural diversity at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
1.5 Linear Feet (1 carton)
Materials related to the Rochester Institute of Technology North Star Center, renamed the Multicultural Center for Academic Success in 2010. The collection includes an autographed poster, plaques and photo albums from events sponsored by the group.
Items are arranged chronologically by type.
C.S. North, Shelf 316
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The collection was deposited with the RIT Archive Collections in April 2013 by the Multicultural Center for Academic Success. Accession number(s): 2013:019
Finding aid created by Lisa Witt in April 2013.
- Cage, Byron
- Composite photographs -- 1960-1970
- Minority college students -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Multiculturalism -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Olmos, Edward James
- Photograph albums
- Rochester Institute of Technology. AALANA.
- Rochester Institute of Technology. CASCA.
- Rochester Institute of Technology. North Star Center for Academic Success and Cultural Affairs
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Office of Diversity & Inclusion
- Students -- Services for -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Sweet Honey in the Rock (Musical Group)
- Multicultural Center for Academic Success plaques and photo albums
- RIT Archives
- Lisa Witt
- 17 April 2013
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note