Peter Drago architectural drawings
Scope and Contents
The collection contains 263 architectural drawings of buildings and residences in the Rochester, New York area created by architect and former RIT student Peter Drago.
Collection also contains a cd with 6 digital images of Peter Drago's Architectural Drawings for Ontario Beach Bandstand and Hudson and Wilkins Leather Goods. Digital images made by Jim Drago.
- Drago, Peter (Architect, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Peter Drago was a Rochester architect who attended Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Insitute (RAMI). He received a First Year certificate in Architectural Drafting from the Department of Fine Arts during the 1906-07 year. Drago received a three year certificate in April 1909 and went on to graduate on April 14th, 1910 with a fourth year certificate in Architectural Drawing. He worked for the City of Rochester and also had his own firm.
9 Linear Feet (6 tubular boxes)
The collection contains 263 architectural drawings of buildings and residences in the Rochester, New York area created by architect and former RIT student Peter Drago from the early 1930s through 1959.
C.S. North Shelves 240 - Box 1-2, 252 - Box 3-4, 258 - Box 5-6,
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The Peter Drago architectural drawings were donated to the RIT Archive Collections by Jim and Frank Drago, Peter's sons, in 2011-2012. Three donations were made in total. Accession number(s): 2011:090; 2012:032; 2012:041
The majority of the drawings are in fair condition, although due to being rolled they are extremely fragile. Some are more prone to tearing depending on the age of the drawing and the type of paper used.
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in November 2012.
- Architects -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Architectural drawing -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Architectural drawings (visual works)
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Architecture--Designs and plans--Working drawings
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Universities and colleges -- Alumni and alumnae
- Peter Drago architectural drawings
- RIT Archives
- Jody Sidlauskas
- 21 November 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note