RIT Professional Businesswomen’s Association records
Scope and Contents
The RIT Professional Businesswomen’s Association records document the history of the organization and events that they hosted between 1966-1978. The collection contains reports, correspondence, notes and invitations. PBA and Affirmative Action worked very close together to make RIT a better and more responsive place to work. One folder contains reports and studies conducted by the two organizations. Additionally, one folder contains the PBA newsletter from 1973-1976.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Professional Businesswomen’s Association (PBA) was founded in February 1966 for all RIT women who wished to:
1. foster understanding among departments
2. emphasize professional growth
3. increase cooperation and knowledge.
Membership was open to all part-time and full-time personnel with $2.00 annual membership dues. PBA held many fundraising events, selling stationary and candy, hosted annual award programs recognizing bosses and organized food drives for the less fortunate during the holiday season. With membership dwindling the association was terminated in October 1977. All remaining funds were donated to the Wallace Memorial Library.
1 Linear Feet (2 document box containing 12 folders. )
The collection includes reports, correspondence, invitations and memorandums related to the history of RIT’S Professional Businesswomen’s Association from the 1960's and 1970's.
Materials are contained within 12 folders. The folders are arranged by subject and then chronologically within each folder.
Other Finding Aids
In addition to this finding aid, an inventory is available below. For more information, please contact the RIT Archive Collections.
RIT Professional Businesswomens Association records
Finding aid created by Emily Sinicropi in August 2012.
- Financial records
- Professional socialization -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Women -- Education (Higher) -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Women -- Societies and clubs -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Women in education -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- RIT Professional Businesswomen's Association records
- RIT Archives
- Emily Sinicropi
- 17 August 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the RIT Archives Repository
Rochester NY 14623 USA