Bill Barley photographs
Scope and Contents
Bill Barley photographs consists of 7 black and white prints of the announcement of RIT's move from downtown Rochester to Henrietta. The public announcement was held in November, 1961 in the Veteran's court on the downtown campus. Barley, a student at the time, photographed the scene for the Reporter magazine. Images are described below:
- Barley, Bill (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
Bill Barley graduated from RIT with a BFA in photographic illustration in 1964. While a student, he worked at the RIT magazine the Reporter. Barley is owner of Bill Barley and Associates based in South Carolina. A licensed pilot, he specializes in aerial photography. Barley has won several awards for his professional work, including four Kodak Gallery awards, seven Fuji Masterpiece awards, and the 1999 South Carolina Photographer of the Year.
7 Item(s) (7 Photographs)
Photographs by RIT student Bill Barley of the public announcement to move the RIT campus from downtown Rochester to Henrietta.
Photographs are arranged in numerical order.
C.S. Mid-range, Shelf 60, Box 29 (Oversize Photo Box 29 collection)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Bill Barley donated his photographs to the RIT Archives in 2008.
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in September 2011.
- Campus planning -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- College buildings -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- College campuses -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Ellingson, Mark
- Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute -- Students
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Photograph collections
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester -- History
- Bill Barley photographs
- RIT Archives
- Amy Vilz
- 21 September 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note