Carroll B. Neblette memorial fund dedication scrapbook
Scope and Contents
The scrapbook contains clippings, press releases, articles, and photographs documenting the July 6, 1977 establishment of the Carroll B. Neblette memorial library fund and dedication plaque. Images include Neblette's wife Edith, the memorial plaque, RIT President Paul Miller, Trustee Alfred Davis, and College of Graphic Arts and Photography Dean Lothar Engelmann.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Historical Information: Carroll B. Neblette memorial library dedication
In honor of her late husband, Edith Neblette gifted $100,000 to RIT's 150th Anniversary Campaign in June 1977. The gift established a fund for the library to purchase materials in the fields of photography and reprography. Carroll B. Neblette was former dean of the College of Graphic Arts and Photography (1960-1967) and often referred to as the "father of photographic education." Neblette taught at RIT from 1930 until his death in 1974. He was also the author of numerous articles, papers, and textbooks. A plaque honoring Neblette, the memorial gift, and the 50th year of the publication of his book, Photography, Its Materials and Processes, was dedicated July 5, 1977 in the lobby of the College of Graphic Arts and Photography.
Scrapbook documenting the 1977 gift of the Carroll B. Neblette Memorial Library fund and the 50th anniversary of the publication of Mr. Neblette's book, Photography, Its Materials and Processes.
Collection materials are contained in a ringed scrapbook.
Finding aid created by Amy Vilz in July 2011.
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- College benefactors -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Educational fund raising -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Fund raising -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Libraries -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Neblette, C. B. (Carroll Bernard)
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Benefactors
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Endowments
- Carroll B. Neblette memorial dedication scrapbook
- RIT Archives
- Amy Vilz
- 15 July 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the RIT Archives Repository
Rochester NY 14623 USA