RIT Instructional Resources Laboratory records
Scope and Contents
The RIT Instructional Resources Laboratory records consists of quarterly reports, memorandums, and a promotional flier. The quarterly reports contain information on the lab's development and projects. There are also memorandums written to Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) staff informing them about the lab's programs and services. The promotional flier is for a program on graphic design communication that included a seminar, open house, slide presentation, and a tour of the Instructional Resources Lab.
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Office of Educational Research. Instructional Resources Laboratory (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The Instructional Resources Laboratory was founded under the Office of Educational Research at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) during the early 1960s. According to one handout, the purpose of the lab was to "provide consultation on the selection and utilization of instructional materials, facilities and equipment," as well as assisting faculty with the "development, design and production of instructional materials." To this end, the IRL office was staffed by a designer and audiovisual technician. Some of the services that the lab provided include the production of overhead transparencies, assistance with charts and diagrams, graphic design services, photographic printing, script development, and access audio recording equipment. As of 2011, similar services were provided by the ETC Production Services department.
Materials related to the Rochester Institute of Technology's (RIT) Instructional Resource Laboratory and its activities. The collection includes quarterly reports, memorandums, and a promotional flier.
Materials are arranged chronologically.
C.S. North, Shelf 325 (Instructional Resources collection)
Finding aid created by Lara Nicosia in March 2011.
- College teachers -- In-service training -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- College teachers -- Training of -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Educational technology -- Study and teaching -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Promotional materials
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Division of Instructional Research and Development
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Instructional Development and Planning
- Teaching -- Aids and devices
- RIT Instructional Resources Laboratory records
- RIT Archives
- Lara Nicosia
- 18 March 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the RIT Archives Repository
Rochester NY 14623 USA