RIT Craft Students Guild constitution
Scope and Contents
The RIT Craft Students Guild constitution outlines the group's purpose, membership requirements, and governance structure. Also included is a budget for the organization for the 1968-1969 school year.
- Creation: 1969
- Rochester Institute of Technology. Craft Students Guild (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Biographical / Historical
The School for American Crafts was established at Dartmouth College in 1943. By 1953, the school found a permanent home at the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT). The RIT Craft Students Guild was started to "promote communication and cooperation between the various craft areas at the School of American Craftsmen as well as between the School and the rest of the craft world." One way this was achieved was through a speaker series organized by the club, featuring one speaker each month.
Constitution for the RIT Craft Students Guild. Included with the constitution is a budget from 1986-1969.
This collection is contained in a single folder.
C.S. South, Shelf 808, Box 203
Finding aid created by Lara Nicosia in March 2011.
- Rochester Institute of Technology. School for American Craftsmen (Organization)
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Societies and clubs (Organization)
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Students (Organization)
Genre / Form
- RIT Craft Students Guild constitution
- RIT Archives
- Lara Nicosia
- 03 March 2011
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note