Gordon W. Reed collection of 1964 spring weekend images
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to researchers.
Spring Weekend was an annual event held at the Rochester Institute of Technology's (RIT) campus. The festivity started sometime before 1950 and was designed as a way for students, faculty, staff, and alumni to celebrate together on campus. Since RIT was originally located in the city of Rochester, the program gave members of the RIT community a chance to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city that typically surrounded the campus. The weekend included a parade down the city street, a carnival inside the ice rink, concerts and dances, an afternoon barbeque or picnic, and other events such as kite-flying contests and tandem bike races. Classes ended at noon on Friday and each weekend was given a theme. The theme of the 1964 spring weekend was "Hellenic Holidays."
These images are in digital form.
Nine files in jpg format digitized from slides taken by Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) alumni, Gordon Reed in 1964 during the spring weekend parade.
Gordon W. Reed collection of 1964 RIT spring weekend images contains nine jpeg files taken during the Hellenic Holidays parade. The color images show numerous floats created by RIT students, the parade, and students watching the parade.
Finding aid created by Jody Sidlauskas in November 2012.
- Greek letter societies -- New York (State) -- Rochester -- History
- Parade floats -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Parades -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Rochester Institute of Technology -- Students
- Rochester Institute of Technology Spring Weekend (1964)
- Spring festivals -- New York (State) -- Rochester
- Student activities -- New York (State) -- Rochester
Part of the RIT Archives Repository
Rochester NY 14623 USA